Friday 17 October 2014

Who


nestled in the cove
safe
moonlight through the wispy clouds
bathing the deck in pale light
shadows and light
the world is gone
home is gone


never have i been this deep in this fog
to find that in the fog there is no fog
patches maybe
but mostly openness and light
moonlight
and starlight


often the starlight is forgotten
outshone by the moon
fleetingly i wonder
is the moon so bright to cover for it's jealousy
of all the stars
thousands and millions of them


fleetingly a thought takes hold
the constancy of the stars
their brightness in darkness
their ever present nature
always outshone by the sun
competing with the moon


or do they compete
in their own lives are they as strong as the moon
as the sun even


i'm not alone


i'm not alone
is what they say
and they hold that thought
and the gentle wind in the bay blows the ember of thought
i am not alone


thousands of stars
maybe thousands of moons
celebrate tonight with me
can you celebrate with someone without knowing them
i can
i toast the stars
and laugh


i am not alone


i let that thought sink in slowly
and remember my home
i feel alone there at times
but i am not really alone


i am not alone


even in this bay
this haven from life
i'm not alone
the vastness of distance it may be
but i am not alone


stretched on the deck
moonlight bathing the deck
and me
stars twinkling their conversations
immersed in life


not alone


but


alone


my haven
protected by fog
waves
darkness


i am alone


and i love it
my haven


all my life i have known you
all my life i have walked with you
all my life for this moment of aloneness
the comfort
the intimacy
of aloneness


all my life i have known you
all my life i have seen you
all my life i have seen you in others
the sadness
the vulnerability
of aloneness


all my life i have sensed you
all my life i have felt you
all my life i have searched for your companion
the joy
the respect
of aloneness


it wafts across me like a gentle breeze
as i lay there on the deck
it is a gentle breeze
caressing my skin with it's coolness


it teases the hair on my head
the whiskers on my face
the hair on my chest
my arms
my legs
it's intimacy is unreasonable
but expected


the wind ever does what it wants
ever goes where it wants
ever does what it wants
who am i to argue
it drew me here
it is my companion


i am not alone


i  can smell the island on the breeze
it's scents
it's aromas
the island is sharing itself with me
or is the wind
taking from the island
and giving to me


some are strong
some are subtle
some are pungent
others elusive


one more elusive than the others
catches my breath
draws me on
i know you
i have always known you
how can you be here


never have i seen you
never have i been with you
but i know you
your scent has always been with me
how can you be here


this is my place
this is just me
alone
with the moon
with the stars
with the breeze
with the island


how can you be here


but you are
all my life
all my life
i have known you
how can you be here


but you are


i really am not alone



(C) Copyright Luke Visser 2014 (written Sep 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment