Saturday 11 October 2014

Hidden

it is time
back to the oceans
back to the islands, coves and bays
to search
to find and maybe rescue


it's dark and gloomy
there are many about
they are quiet, moody and forlorn
I am quiet, moody and forlorn
the oceans call
the islands call


slowly the moon rises in the darkness
it's bright rays piercing the wandering clouds
illuminating the deck
the moon watching the slipping of the lines
the gentle push from the shore
the lap of the waves against the hull


roaming is lonely
the moon is lonely
we shall keep ourselves company this time
I shall follow the moon tonight
knowing the path will be the same
out, out, out
and then back


fruitless the search will be
fruitless the search has ever been
but the oceans call, the islands call
and the breeze draws me away from home
as it always does
as it always will
to where
who knows
but wandering has to be


it's silence as home disappears on the horizon
enveloped by the darkness
it's silence as the ocean beckons
the breeze drawing me out
but there is no silence
the sea sings rhythmically
the wind whispers through the lines
and the birds call to each other


hours pass


the winds ease
the fogs build
they always build
the moon always brings me here
and I never want to be here
this time will be different
hidden


ease the sheets
let the boat drift
and wait
the fog envelopes
the moon dims
and the breaking of waves becomes stronger


and stronger
eyes closed
focused
guiding the boat by feel now
intuition
feel


fear and doubt
rocks are harsh
waves directed
feeling can't land a boat on a shore


fear and focus
let the doubt seep away
let the waves open up
let the breaking find a break


floating, drifting
the tiller gently directing the boat
to here, to there
the furthest I'd ever been
the fear the deepest
the excitement the highest


I am a fool
a total fool
ruin is only a false move away
success isn't even sure with a correct move
what is success
is there any way at all on to the island


but I explore
and I search
I don't always understand what for
but I do


and there it is
the silence in the breaking
a cove, a bay
in the fog, in the darkness


deft movements, deft touches
the waves in the distance become waves closer
the silence is my focus
it is there, before me
the breaking waves come closer
to port, to starboard
but none in front


for the first time
a break
for the first time


breaking waves sliding past
danger present but past
eyes closed
fog enclosing
silence drawing me in


breaking waves behind
eyes open now
wisps of fog still present
a cove of beauty unfolds in the moon light
where am I


hidden




(C) Copyright Luke Visser 2014 (written Sep 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment